Tuesday, May 24, 2011

DIY Upholstered Kid's Bed made from Ikea Bed

This fabulous mama turned an Ikea bed
 into something straight out of a magazine! I love how she took the frame and created something with the look and price she wanted! I want to do this with two beds when my girls are old enough..how cute would that be?

Here is Jen's How-To Post
Gorgeous!
Total Cost:
Frame: $30 -- (Ikea)
Fabric: 3 1/2 yards for $25  --  (fabric.com)
Batting: 3 1/2 yards $19 -- (Hancock Fabrics)
Particle board: $8 -- (Home Depot)
Wood enhancers: $3 -- (Home Depot)
Total for the head board: $85

I LOVE ikea.. we all know that. Before ben and I were married (back in college days) we would go over there and just cruise around. pretend the kitchen was our place. haha. And then when I was pregnant we would go there so I could just walk this baby out of me. (no such luck. both babies were 5 days late) And now with the 2 girls we cruise around there just to have somewhere fun to go when it's cold or rainy! I can always find something I need or want..and a trip isn't complete without a look through the as-is section! anyone else a huge ikea fan?
I'm excited because a reader/fellow blogger I follow, wrote me and she lives near the pittsburgh ikea.
and we already decided the next time she goes for her 3-4 times a year trip..we are going to get together! 
ikea is bringing us bloggy moms together.....haha. love it. ;)

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels