Monday, June 17, 2013

Learning to love Myself Postpartum

7 months postpartum...
Some days I feel like one hot mama...
and others I let my insecurities get the best of me.

My post baby weight loss is at a standstill.
Everything I've lost so far has come off from nursing, chasing kids and
going to the gym "ever so often." I eat healthy but haven't gone crazy over it.
I am realizing that getting my body back after my 3rd baby is going to take
more effort than with my first two! With them, I nursed it ALL off.
But Micah doesn't nurse as much (shocking I know.)
I'm really trying to love myself more... and that means to take time to get healthy...
but even more, to not focus on the "problem" areas every time I see a photo of myself.
Harder said than done! 

I am so not brave enough to post a photo of me with no makeup...
but this is with a swipe of foundation. As natural as I can go...
and this is a big step for me!!!! haha. (I feel lame being that girly but its' true.)

 These sweet little ones are the reasons for
my under eye circles...
the stretch marks..
the dirty hair on top of my head.
Totally worth it.

This post is for all the mamas who are feeling like me!
You are beautiful and courageous and sacrificial.
Try to love yourself today...and realize that God looks at you
and is so in love. Like insanely in love with you.
And He sees the things you have given up or had to bear...
and He takes note of each and every hardship or cross you have carried.
From the big sufferings in life that can leave us feeling worn...
to the "small" crosses of longggggg nights up with WIDE AWAKE babies. ;)

I hope that my inner beauty will shine through...
past my blemishes and squeezy arms. ;)
I hope that I can learn to see the beauty in myself that God sees in me.
I hope that insecurities never hold me back.
and that my girls learn to love themselves.....
by seeing their mama love herself.


"You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."
Song of Solomon 4:7

"You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated
my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace."
Song of Solomon 4:9

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels