Sunday, February 19, 2012

iPhone Home Tour- Come on In!

I thought I would share how
we are making our rental Home Sweet Home!
We are currently enjoying our
little but perfect-for-us living space.
We have owned 2 homes in the past (flipping one of them) but right now we are loving renting..
I had to adjust to not being able to totally renovate a space..
But luckily our landlord lets us paint and hang up pictures.
That's all I need to be a happy camper! ;) 

Come on In and have a look around.
Ignore the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink.
This is a saturday morning
spontaneous iPhone Instagram Tour. :)
I love the open shelving..we painted the cabinets and left the doors off..
1..because they were plastic..
2. because I just didn't feel like painting anything else. haha.
(The owls above and below are from tj maxx or marshall's. I love owls.)

A lot of my frames are filled with quotes or bible verses I typed up and printed out.
I Use mats to make them feel more special! I frame anything that I love.. just scan in favorite things and frame a copy! (Love letters, the girls' drawings, sketches..)
Free piano that my very strong husband and
3 of his very strong friends picked up for me... :)

In the Hallway.
Jesus. He gets kisses good night.

OLD PLAY ROOM (WILL SHARE NEW ROOM SOON!)
I used the flag garland, from the girls' storybook princess party, above their play kitchen area..they love it. I have some big ideas for this room..one of which is a bistro awning over their table and chairs (already have the supplies just need the time..and brain power.)
I made up pelmet boxes and curtains from ikea fabric and foam boards..
I'll share those soon I love how they turned out!

The girls go back and forth from sharing a room. They'll end up together though.
I framed photos of their ultrasound/just born/newborn photos.
Love remembering how tiny they once were!
(I'll be doing a post on this wall later! with details on the prints and how the 's' project turns out.)


The girls' reading nook - Ikea Chandelier, $5 Sheer Ikea Curtains and $9 Ikea Slipcover from the As-Is section.. we are using it to cover the free couch for now... but eventually I want to make something up, aka ask my mom to help me make something up, with cute fabric!

Our bedroom is REALLYY a work in progress.
But one of these days I'll get around to pulling it all together.
Hope you enjoyed looking around..
one of these days I'll do a REAL home tour post!
It'll motivate me to get some house projects done. :)

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels