Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DIY Trend- Birch Tree Wall Murals

I've seen Birch Tree Wall Murals all over..
and I wanted to put together a list of 
my favorites for inspiration/direction for 
those of you who want to try out this DIY Project!

There are a variety of ways you can achieve this look.. 
I haven't decided yet HOW I'll do it..Free hand or with a projector screen..
but I know I'm going to do it somewhere in our new place! I love the look.

All of these examples 
come from AMAZING blogs.. 
So once you hop over to check their project out you'll 
get drawn in wanting to read all their posts! :)

"I drew out my birch trees and then scanned it into the computer and printed it out on an acetate. I then used an overhead and projected it up on to the wall so that I could trace from my drawing. I painted the birch trees just a few shades lighter than the wall. I didnt really want it to be in your face but just sort of there." - Jen




"I decided a free-hand attempt at painting was best. After all, there are no straight lines in nature anyway… nothing to get too picky about. I began with a very light first coat — a general guide to follow along…
Once the first light coat was done, coat number two was easy. Behr Premium Paint-and-Primer-In-One cut down on project time and the coverage was fantastic. I used under a litre of paint for this project." - Fresh Crush




"I really wanted to paint birch trees in our nursery but I didn't want it to look like a mural. I wanted it to look more like wall paper. So I got a quart of the same paint and had it mixed at 25% lighter than the wall paint. I used a small roller to paint the trunk of the tree. Then I went in with a smaller brush to paint the branches. Next with the same brush I painted the darker bark marks with the original wall color." - Allyson


Thanks for posting your fabulous rooms ladies!
Feeling Inspired.
Can't wait to try this DIY project out myself!

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels