Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine's Day - Our DIY Details

With Valentine's Day just around the corner..
I wanted to share some fun
and easy DIY Details that you can use to
decorate your home or a party!
Mini Powdered Sugar Donuts might have
been used as bribery for this photo shoot...

Here's a Summary of my DIY DETAILS.
I'll explain more on each throughout the post!
--Dollar Store Heart Doily Garland
--Dollar Store Heart Balloons
--'XO' Gold Spray Painted Letters
--2 IKEA Frames filled with Valentine's Day Themed Printables
--Thrift Store 'Donut Stand' Spray Painted Gold
--Gold Sparkly Heart Toppers
--Flower Crowns (Tutorial later this week!)

I found this cute little stand at good will one day..and knew it had potential!
I spray painted it gold (the metallic kind) and loaded it up with pretty little donuts!
The toppers were made from leftover gold sparkly card stock that I cut out with my heart craft punch(JoAnns) and taped to some candy sticks(JoAnns)


I made the GOLD 'XO' LETTERS using
Metallic Gold Spray Paint and Letters from JoAnns.
We used them on the table display but they could be cute as photo props!
I used a white IKEA storage box(from my office area) upside down
to give some height to my table. 

 I made up in Photoshop a couple VALENTINE'S DAY PRINTS
to put in frames as part of our Decorations!
The girls really loved this one with the cute little bumble bees. :)
You can get the Printable for yourself in my Etsy Shop.
I think they would be cute for your home decor but even for a valentine's day party!
Or printing up a bunch and framing as gifts... a fun little DIY you can use each year.

LOCATION: I took these photos in the corner of the Girls' Room...
moved their beds to the side. The Table and heart rugs are from IKEA.
OUTFITS: They are wearing basic white tops from Target...
and their Tulle Tutus I made them last year. (no sew SUPER easy.)
The girls were all about this super girly photo shoot.
It didn't take much convincing for them to participate
once I said tutus and donuts were involved...

DOILY HEART GARLAND
I grabbed 2 packs of heart doilies from the Dollar Store.
Took some Clothes pins I already had, painted one side with mod podge and dipped them in Gold Glitter from JoAnn's (bought big size and used coupon)
I used fishing line that I already had to string them up! For something even more sturdy you could use ribbon. We moved this garland to our mantle! :)

This is what happens when powdered sugar donuts are involved in photos...
Sugar high. ;) goofy girls.

Hope you found some inspiration in this post to make
your Valentine's Day extra special for your sweeties!
I am trying to help Sophia fulfill her new years resolution of "celebrate more"...
I thought that was a good resolution. ;)

I'll be sharing the Flower Crown Tutorial later this week!
or weekend...depending on life.
I seriously have been pooped/peed on every day this week
and our humongous laundry pile is proof of that.

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels