Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mommy Confessions

If you want to feel better about your parenting skills...keep on reading.


I love being a mom.
LOVEEEE it.
It is one of the hardest but most rewarding things I've ever done in my life.

 -- I have cried while getting dressed.
1. because everything had baby spit up on it
2. because I don't know what fits or what doesn't fit at this point.
3. because I look in the mirror some days and only see a tired mommy
and not the young fresh faced girl I feel like I used to be.

-- Sometimes I feel like I say....
 no. stop. don't do that. time out. slow down. don't put that in your mouth. don't fight. get out of the cupboard. don't lick that. no your brother isn't a motorcycle. talk quieter. get out of the bathroom. don't pull her hair. go to sleep. put your clothes back on. go to bed please.......
 WAY too many times a day.
It makes me want to go bonkers. seriously bonkers.

--I have felt overwhelmed.
--I have felt incapable
--I have felt like a failure
--I have felt like my brain was going to burst from the noise in this house.

--My laundry room has a mountain of dirty laundry.
--My bedroom has a mountain of clean laundry.
--at one point this week every single room had laundry in it.

--Many mornings I choose keeping the kids alive and the
house from burning down instead of showering.

--I have texted my husband,
while he is at work, that I was losing my mind.
the text sometimes starting with "blah sdhfjkhsjdkfdhjs"
this happens more often then I want to admit.

--Sometimes I don't have time to wash my hair for a couple days.
thank goodness for dry shampoo.


--I'm TIRED. a lot.
I always wanted to be a mom. since I was a little girl!
One thing no one ever told me...was how TIRED you will be as a parent.
Think cramming for finals times a million......haha.
But the crazy thing about "parenting exhaustion"...
is that it can suddenly be easy to handle in one sweet moment with your child.
a hug.. a giggle.. a reach for you.. it makes you forget how worn you feel...
and gives you the biggest feeling of peace.
Just knowing you are everything to that child. and this is what God is wanting from you.
 

THREE KIDS.
Sometimes it's easier to stay home... sometimes it's easier to take them out!
I just have to prepare myself mentally before I go.
I will be slower than I WANT to be.
I will probably think at one point I wish I didn't make this decision. haha.
BUT... I have gotten better at taking the whole gang out.
We once went to target. I didn't have my k'tan wrap... So I was carrying micah on my hip and the girls were in the cart. we got a lot of stares. and a lot of "you are brave!" "you have your hands full!" "do you need help?".... my reply was "oh they are being angels right now! this is a good trip." ;) which they were. I think silly straw bribery worked.
I have learned how to juggle them better.
Micah goes in the wrap. each girl gets a hand.
We have our system down, even though sometimes things get a little crazy and I'll be holding a melting down sienna while micah is in the wrap.
And that is when I get chuckles and stares from passerby's. soo fun!

Cure to any hard day... baby giggles.
You can't help but be happy when you hear them and see a jolly face.

I am learning to accept and not be so hard on myself.
But many days I wish that I could have been a better mommy...a better wife..
Sometimes I wish I trusted in God more.
Every day I pray for more patience.
I have the peace of knowing this is exactly where God wants me to be...
Now I just need to be realistic in my expectations that I set for myself.
I can do this. with HIS help. and maybe a case of diet dr pepper.

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels