Monday, March 1, 2010

My Top Mama Picks: First Year Baby Gear

First Year Baby Gear

Sophia is now 18 months..and looking back I realized how at first it was so overwhelming knowing what to get her or what she really needed! Luckily I had some great mama's out there giving me great tips. You can spend so much money when it comes to baby stuff.. or end up registering for stuff that you don't even use! Here are the items that I loved having for Sophia. and that we used ALL the time. Some were given to us..some we picked up along the way. We will re-use all of them for the next baby. 

Bright Starts Tropical Fun Around We Go Activity Station - Target, $79.99
this got sophia walking!! Our niece had this and we loved seeing her zoom around it..it seriously will make you crack up. it was adorable and really tired her out...and we all know what that means....nap time! you can use it for a long time..she still uses it as a little table to stand up against, plays with the toys on it and hoards her cheerios in the snack tray.


Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider - BabiesRus, $99.98
Loved!!! loved!! this. It was a gift..a handymedown from someone else. I'm so glad we discovered this because this glider made it possible for me to sleep the first few months haha. She loved it and ended up sleeping in it for many months at night. She would spit up a lot and so the fact that she was tiled a little bit made me rest easier. I was always afraid we would end up with a a3 yr old who wanted to sleep in the glider...haha...but i was wrong of course. she ended up sleeping in her crib at her own time.(about 6 months) and no nights of baby crying and mama crying. the easiest transition i could have imagined. and now she sleeps 6:30-8am... can't complain.

Graco Bumper Jumper - Target, $34.99
This was a gift...we had a different color but same idea. This will give you hours of funny video. trust me. At first sophia would just sit in it..and spin around accidentaly...but the day she found her feet pushing against the floor made her jump.....oh ya. hilarious. and the cute baby giggles made it even better. get this!! or atleast borrow one. I would take this to work with me and hook it up in my office. the teachers and students couldn't get enough of sophia's chunky legs jumping up and down. while checking voicemails and work e-mails..filing paperwork...looking up at sophia giggling and jumping made my day. kept her happy for so long. whoever made this...i love you. seriously. love you.

DwellStudio for Target - Knit Blanket - Target, $16.99
I found this blanket on sale..for like 12 bucks. Became my favorite blanket to nurse sophia with! I didn't like the nursing covers that i found..so i ended up just using this blanket. It was breathable for her..and light weight. The knit material clung to my shoulder well. Once she started wanting to see the world while nursing..that caused some problems...but other than that this is great for nursing. She uses it still all the time. it is starting to look loved. very loved. I probably will keep an eye out for this year's batch of clearance.. use it for the next baby!

Nature's Purest Swing - Hug Me - BabiesRUs, $89.98
Another Registry Item. I loved the neutral color..blended in with the house more than one of those hot pink swings.

What are some of your mama picks when it comes to the first year of baby?? What can you live without that everyone hypes up? Or is there something you absolutely love?? pass them along to us!

10 comments:

Jen M. October 19, 2009 at 3:17 AM  

Without a doubt, the Kiddopotamus Swaddle Me contraptions. When Imani is swaddled in those things, she sleeps like a log, straight through the night! That and our BumGenius cloth diaper stash would be my two top picks, at least for the first three months. :)

The Pocket Stylist October 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

My little girl loves the johnny jump up but she is almost to big for it now. I love your blog. I am officially a follower for sure!

Anonymous,  March 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Definitely my fisher price cradle swing.. My daughter falls asleep almost everytime.. along with it playing multiple different songs and a colorful mobile that turns.. its awesome!

Maria Lane March 1, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

my girls loved the johnny jump up........and they loved being in the swaddle....relaxes them and they fall right to sleep and could sleep for hours in it!

Hattie March 2, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower & can't wait to read more from your cute blog!!! We love the portable swings and playpens (I forget what they're called now). They're great for taking over to grandparents houses!!

FirstComesLove.Then March 2, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I as at a total loss on what to choose for our registry. I'm on it now! Thank you, thank you!

Nikki

Anna Liesemeyer March 2, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

I have spotted a few things that I need for the next bambino!

Joyeful March 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

I love everything and anything dwell studio!! I just stumbled across your delightful blog and have enjoyed my visit! Lovely!

carissa @ lowercase letters March 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

totally agree with it all!!! how did i miss this post???? it makes me sad. so glad i found it. btw, i am getting so nervous because our baby girl will be here so soon and i can't imagine life with a newborn and with a 15 month old! i wish i was still 17 wks. : ) i'll keep reminding myself that God won't give me more than i can handle!!! do you have the same thoughts?

Debbie March 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

your daughter is adorable! Oh how I loved those baby swings...they say you are only suppose to let the baby swing for just a bit....lol, two hours later in my house!

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels