Monday, June 6, 2011

I write this for healing.. to celebrate her life..

our last photo together. march 2011. 
happy mommies.
I write this for healing.. to celebrate her life..
she will be remembered..
for her smile. her laugh. her faith. her heart. her loving soul.
for the spontaneous joyful amazing 
beautiful person that she was.

Yesterday one of my best friends, Shannon, was shot and killed by her ex-boyfriend and the estranged father of her two beautiful children during a custody exchange. 
My heart is broken. She was an amazing mother and friend. We had our babies within months of each other! and even when we were busy with our mommy duties, 
when we talked it was like no time had gone by.
I was so proud of her for all that she was doing.. she was planning on being a nurse. she had given me a tour via skype of her new living arrangements. She was happy. She had just gotten both her babies baptized. We had just talked a couple weeks ago about meeting up when I would be in charlotte next week.. excited to have the kids play together. 
she was a faith filled woman that I loved like a sister. 

I rejoice in the gift or her life. 
She is my saint in heaven now.. and I will pray that she will 
watch over me and help me to be a better mother. 
You helped me to remember how short life is..
and how i should live each day and love those around me as if it was my last.

We were always together in high school. 
we would go to praise and worship nights together.
drive into the city for fun usually getting lost and looping around the entire city at least once... 
threw a costume party with cassie and were the 3 blind mice...
would sing dashboard confessional together in the car..
go deeper in our faith together on retreats..
have girl talk with my mom..
laughed. we laughed a lot. just being silly girls.
and most recently we encouraged and loved each other as moms together.
enjoying all the fun and exhaustion having babies brings.

I'll love and miss you forever dear shannon.. 
my friend. my sister.
your children will never stop being told of how amazing you were and how much you loved them. how you would give your life for them.
My sophia will still be bff's with your daughter like we always joked about...
she will be her pen pal! a scribbled picture will go in the mail today!
you are where we all strive to be..in heaven with our Father. I pray that I may stay faithful and win heaven as well..and I look forward to the day that I will be able to hug you again.
rest in peace.

So many of you wonderful loving people have asked how you can help Shannon's children, and the family is awestruck by this outpouring of generosity for these two children and Shannon's memory. If you wish to contribute, simply click on the "Donate" button to make a secure donation through Paypal.

Praying for your family and loved ones..
that they may know Christ's peace.
Please join me in lifting up your prayers for them 
and all of those effected by violence.

Pray for peace within ourselves, 
within our families, within our communities 
and throughout the world!


To read all posts related to Shannon you can click here.
Please share her story..donate if you can.
If you have been touched by her story and would like to 
visit her Memorial Page you can visit here

Please Pray for all those affected by Domestic Violence.

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels