Thursday, May 10, 2012

Yummy FAST Homemade Wheat Pizza






This recipe has become a staple in our house..
Homemade Pizza.
and every time I instagram a photo of it people
are always asking for the recipe..
so here's the revised version of how
I've been making it lately...

I've been making this recipe a lot lately using wheat flour. (for the hubs)
But ended up liking it even more this way!
I follow the same recipe as below but add in a little more olive oil to
soften up the dough as I knead it a little..
and I add a little more honey... :)
I'm also heavy handed on the seasonings.
It's soooo good! 

(here's a shot of when I would make smaller ones with regular flour)





I am always searching for tried and true favorite recipes..
and this one has become a favorite ever since we first tried it.
I felt amazingly domesticated when
I made my own doughhhhh.::CROWD CHEERS::
so go feel awesome about yourself and make this. :)
I have tried lots of topping varieties...using whatever I had in the fridge.. 
but it's really good with fresh sliced tomatoes and mozarella....and very pretty too.
....................................................................................................................................

This is a Easy Pizza Dough recipe that you can make during 
Dinner time instead of having to prep it earlier in the day! 
Only Takes 30 minutes to rise..divide up, rests for 10 minutes..and ready to use! awesome.
I was so impressed with how fast this came together and how delicious it was!
My husband ben loved it!! It didn't dry out at all it was soft and crunchy.
This is a must try. your loved ones will think you are amazing..which you are. hehe.
instead of ordering out tonight....cook this up!

found this recipe on the lovely ezra pound cake blog! go visit!

Adapted from Ina Garten’s “Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics”
Makes 6, 8-inch pizzas
Dough Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups warm (100 to 110) water
2 packages dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
Kosher salt

To Make The Dough:
 1.Combine the water, yeast, honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. When the yeast is dissolved, add 3 cups of flour, then 2 teaspoons salt, and mix on medium-low speed. While mixing, add up to 1 more cup of flour, or just enough to make a soft dough. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth, sprinkling it with the flour as necessary to keep it from sticking to the bowl. When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a floured board and knead it by hand a dozen times. It should be smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and turn it to cover it lightly with oil. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.

3. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Place the doughs on sheet pans lined with parchment paper and cover them with a damp towel. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.

4. Press and stretch each ball into an 8-inch circle, and place 2 circles on each sheet pan lined with parchment paper. (If you’ve chilled the dough, take it out of the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes ahead to let it come to room temperature.)
5. Add the topings of your choice! (what i used is below.)
6.Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes, until the crusts are crisp and the cheeses begin to brown.

Toppings for my Mini Margharita Pizzas:
-I drizzled olive oil over the dough

-some shredded Mozzarella cheese 
(but fresh mozzarella or a blend of cheeses would be tasty)

-A can of whole tomatoes 
(I just squished them over the dough and
tore up pieces- put on top so they don't melt off cheese)

-spices: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder 
(or fresh if you have it.)

Toppings for my Wheat Crust/Cheese Pizza: (FAVORITE)
-I drizzled olive oil over the dough

- Spoon some Jarred Pasta Sauce on and spread
(We use Giant Eagle Brand but just use your favorite!)

-some shredded Mozzarella cheese 
(but fresh mozzarella or a blend of cheeses would be tasty)

-spices: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder 
(or fresh if you have it.)


You could go crazy with different toppings!
I've tried barbecue sauce and chicken with cheddar cheese..so good.
The possibilities are endless..
and a good dough makes all the difference.
enjoy!

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels