Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our Felt Board- Tutorial & Inspiration Photos

I'm so excited to share this little project I've been working on!
I have wanted to create a Felt Board for my girls for a while..
Once I got the felt and created the big board..
I started having fun creating little pieces for the girls to play with!
I took requests. ;)
Sienna's favorites..
the airplane and duckies in the pond.


I have received a lot of requests to purchase
some of the Felt Board Pieces I created...so..
I decided to open up shop! Charming Felt.
Would love to create some handmade fun for you!

For those of you who Sew..
Here's some inspiration for your own felt board!
This is great quiet play time for my girls.
They love putting the pieces all over the board.
Sophia is very specific about where the sun goes. top right corner.
anywhere else and you're a crazy person.
The Castle and horse and carriage were one of the first things I made..
She then requested a princess sophie and sienna..and a prince for each of them.
So of course they needed their weekend cottages. ;)
And a Church to go say hi to Jesus.. a Farm for food!
And you can't have a farm without a cute pond full of duckies,
a pumpkin patch and some apple trees!
I might have to add some cars to the road eventually..
but for now the school bus and fire truck are their favorite "vehicles" anyways.
I think my favorite is the tractor with the bale of hay that they can take out and feed to the horse. They sometimes fill up the tractor with the pumpkins. :) 
Here's the step by step of how I made the felt board.
I had a big piece of artwork that we weren't using so I used it as my base.

Someone was very excited about her felt board......

happy babies. happy mommy.

Hope you found some felt inspiration!
If you haven't checked out the felt cupcakes I made for the board..
You can view it here.

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels