Thursday, July 29, 2010

Every Sweet Shoppe needs it's own Village- Fun Party Detail in the works!

So as i attempt to distract myself from my contractions i decided to build a village... haha. if this doesn't break my water i don't know what will! ;)  i'm now 70% effaced, 2cm dilated. the doctor said that with this progression the baby will probably come fast once my water breaks or strong labor contractions kick in. fabulous! i just hope i make it to the hospital.


but my neighbor/friend over at imaniamama offered a book on giving birth at home just in case. haha. thanks girl!

I spent the past couple days going to local stores seeing if i could take boxes off their hands... most of them said they were automatically smashed up and recycled. but....imanimama's husband, sean, knew i was on the lookout for boxes and sent me a text saying their trash compactor broke and i could come over and have my pick! the selection was huge! it was awesome. haha. so THANK YOU SEAN FROM HOME DEPOT. you are amazing. 

I had planned on just doing a sweet shoppe/bakery..but then i was inspired after seeing this image over at  howdoesshe.com. 
(she threw an amazing party for her girls!) 
She got some incredible sugar cookies from sweetopia and the name got me thinking!

Sophia made me sooo happy when she first walked into one of the houses and squealed.. "my house my house! i wuv my house!" haha. love it. makes the craziness of building a village out of boxes totally worth it. 

I can't wait to share with you guys how this all comes together! I have this vision in my head..trying to make it come to life! I still need to paint/decorate the houses..and I had fun coming up with some cute shop signs last night. 
This is just the village.. i can't wait to show you her sweet shoppe! i love projects. :)

A little cuteness for this post......
Ben "Practicing swaddling" again. 
Sophia was happy to be the test baby. So funny. 

Hope you are having a great day!
I'm lining up to these parties for Thursday.. Link up ladies!
Beyond The Picket Fencegiveaways

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels