Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sophia's Felt Food- My Favorite Tutorials

For Sophia's 2nd birthday this year i wanted to give her something very very soft to play with because of the new baby's arrival! and at the same time she lovessss all things kitchen and cooking. "watcha cookin??" that's all i hear when i'm in the kitchen. over..and over...and over again. haha. :)

so with the help of my fabulously talented mom...we whipped up some fun felt food! she brought up felt that she had since i was a little girl! so we used up the scraps big and small. already had thread. and only ended up running to Joann's to get some fun thread for "sprinkles" and other cupcake toppings. 
talk about a budget friendly birthday present!

You can create a lot with just pictures..
so hope the ones we made get you started!

Below I've listed some links to my favorite felt food tutorial sites I have come across! for most of them we used the basic patterns found on the sites..some of them you just end up winging it and seeing how it ends up. I was loving making them with my mom.. and sophia loves playing with them! her uncle daniel (my little brother) was genius enough to throw the felt donuts in the air and she thought that was hilarious and has decided that that is now the official way you play with the donuts. throwing them. :)
have fun! and get crafting!
BIG THANKS AGAIN TO THE AMAZING MAMA OF THE BUSY BUDGETING MAMA. :)
ps. this is how i blog now.....haha. on the bed. very quietly. with a sleeping bambino in my lap. :)

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels