Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DIY 'Peek a Boo!' Pop-Up Halloween Card

I had this idea a couple days ago..
and then during the girls' nap time
yesterday I started working on it! 
I wanted to put a special note in some 
small treat boxes I am planning on sending out. 
And this little DIY 'Peek a Boo' Card is a fun touch!
My Sophia loved playing with it...so it's toddler approved. ;)
DIY Pop-Up 'Peek a Boo!'
Halloween Card Tutorial

Supplies:
Tape
Scissors
Peek a Boo! Card
(Home Made or bought..
The one I created is offered 

in my Etsy Shop: Pretty Paperie Printables)
Sticks
(I used leftover lollipop sticks that I use for my
cupcake toppers but popsicle sticks could work too!)

Photograph
(I combined two different photos through photoshop 
and printed them out as one graphic..
but you could always one photo or take
two photos and cut them out/tape together.)

STEP 1 - Cut out Peek a Boo! Card and Pop Up Faces.
I made mine in Photoshop but you could easily draw one
and use cut out photographs for the pop up faces!
STEP 2 - Tape Pop Up Faces to stick..let 3 yr old play house with it.



STEP 3 - Cut small piece of paper from your scraps..
tape to back of Pop Up Card.

Leave slip in middle of paper for the stick to slide through!

The Paper attached to the stick should sit over the little piece of paper a bit..
to hold it in place so it doesn't fall through.




LOVE how this DIY turned out..
all with stuff I already had in my house!

Sophia loved it too. :)

Peek a...BOO!
I like more of a cute fun halloween card..
I wanted to make something that was festive but not scary.
This is a 
toddler friendly Halloween Card!
Your little pop up characters will then go on to
become play people and take rides in purple pumpkins.
they will have conversations with dollies and play house.

if you have boys....the pop up faces might be turned around and used as swords. 
but..in our hosue everything wants to play restaurant. 
even cut out people on cupcake topper sticks. :)

If you get this in your mailbox..
 act like you never saw this..
:::Waves hands over your face:::
.....there.


**Photos taken in our Play Room with my Canon Rebel t1i**

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels