Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Little Corner of the Playroom - Office Reveal

POST UPDATE: This is how the playroom looks now!
Recently re-did the space to have
one half the playroom..one half my office. :)
--------------------------------------------
We are in a small house..space is limited..
so we use the garage turned spare room
 for a playroom and office!
It's my little corner..
(that my husband uses too. :)

Sometimes you just need to make your
space functional and work with the budget you have.
I was able to shop around our house to make this area come together.
The space is ever changing..but I'm happy to have an area where
if I need to work, they can play around me and be entertained. :)
Sophia usually ends up "working"..(coloring) next to me on the other desk. 
Or bringing me snacks and "coffee" from her "restaurant" next to me.
How the space came together:
---PAINT: Martha Stewart-Sharkey Grey (and trying to find the card for the yellow/gold!)
---Spray painted a free old desk..
to match the white ikea one I already had.
---Spray Painted a free old metal cabinet..
and took it apart to make 2 shelving units.
--- Bought Green containers from Target for around $2 bucks each.
--- Pulled out all the decor pieces I had and mixed them in around my work space.
(I DID recently buy the owls at TJMaxx..i'm in a owl phase right now.
but I love the pops of green around my desk so it fit in perfectly!)
---Items:
Ikea- Ceiling Light, white boxes, potted plants and Frame
Pottery Barn Frames and Cake Stands
Target- Mail/coupon Holder
I loaded up one of my green bins with all my notecards and notepads..
makes for easy thank you's and list making!

This room is right off the kitchen..so It's where I store my cook books.
Not always the best thing to stare up at when you are working though..haha.
My husband hid our modem in the books. 
so it wasn't cluttering up my desk. he's so smart.

Surround your work space with images of those you love!
that is my all time favorite photo of sienna on the left. makes me melt. and makes her RAPTOR noises a bit more bearable... please be a phase!




The space next to me is Sophie & Sienna's
Little Play House area.
They have their kitchen stocked with all their play food. 
(bought the set at a flea market for under $15 and spray painted white)
and a they have a baby bed/bath that was mine when I was little.
For my full post on the felt food click here.
We made all the felt food for Sophie's 2nd birthday present.
It went with her party theme - Sweetopia Village





I made this garland for the girls' birthday party this 
year and re-used it over their kitchen area!





I use the 3 tiered Organizer to store all their play food..and as the Stove!
It's the perfect height for my sweeties. 
One of these days I'll draw burners on there and add buttons and knobs!


I loved playing restaurant when I was little..
and I LOVE how she does too. :) 
Still working on teaching sienna to 
PRETEND eat the bow tie pasta......felt fuzz mouth.
For some reason hiding in the fridge
 sounded like fun. ;)



Story Time.

I'm a really good customer at her restaurant.
I order EVERYTHING. :)

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels