Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Creating My Media Kit

Making a Media Kit has been on my blogger
to-do-list for a while. I finally made it happen!
Below is my list of what I wanted to include...
(in case you're in the same procrastination boat I was.)

I have heard a few other bloggers talk about how important a Media Kit is.
If you are open to working with brands and other bloggers...
you need to make it easy for them to 'GET YOU'!! (understand you and your blog!)
If they come to your blog and are looking for a media kit or more information...
and don't find it..they are more likely to pass you up
if they have to look for it themselves or have to e-mail you for it.

I have seen some samples of ones that were short..and some long.
I went with a longer one. I wanted all my info out there so they could get the
big picture and see I mean business if they want to collaborate!
I used photoshop to try and create a really appealing
media kit that has a similar style as my blog design.


I made a list of key points I knew
I needed to include in my Media Kit.
--Brief Bio and Description of my blog.
Who I am, what I write about and an Idea of my target audience

--Why I blog and quotes from readers Page

--Sponsorship/Collaboration Page
brands I've worked with in the past, sponsorship/collaboration options, rates/pricing info

--Why Advertise on my blog? Page
quotes from past  brands I've worked with and stats of why moms are taking over. ;)

--A Connect with me Page
all my social media information and some photos

--Popular Posts Page
list of popular posts and suggesting they search me on pinterest to see what readers are pinning. (I use pinterest a lot in promoting my blog!) 

Hope this list helps if you are working up your own Media Kit!
And remember just because you put yourself out there
for brands to contact..doesn't mean you have to work with them all.
Don't be afraid to be selective and choose what fits with your blog...
what you and your readers would be interested in! 
You can view/download my Media Kit HERE.


0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels