Sunday, May 16, 2010

Renew Your Heart + Video Blog: Being Married to a Youth Minister + I'm Guest Blogging Today!

As mothers and women in the world it's so easy for us to get caught up in the busy busy and we forget why exactly we are icing 100 cupcakes at 10 at night...or scrubbing every surface in the house covered with crayons. Love...we do this out of love! or atleast we should! sometimes we can try and "do it all" for the praise of others but that will not bring us real happiness..it will make all of our to-do lists superficial! I love cooking and decorating and planning parties down to every last detail...but i try and do all of these things with those i love in mind..... and to realize that these things are not what define me but are things i can do to put a smile on someone's face or take care of someone i love. A great way to have this mindset while being a busy mama..is to stop for a minute and get grounded...read something bigger than yourself! soo....
I started a new blog feature....a weekly series of uplifting and inspirational true stories to renew your heart! To motivate you in your daily life and to encourage you in whatever task you have going on. I hope you enjoy it!
A Father's Love for his Son: Team Hoyt
My husband came across this story a while back and has used it different times with his youth ministry. It is so powerful. and made me tear up the first time i watched it. The first video is the story that the Today show did on them. The second video is the one that my husband has shown on retreats or a youth night. I can't help but compare this Father's love for his son to the amazing love that God has for each of us. Sometimes we feel so powerless and weak but we need to remember that we have a God whose love surpasses anything we've ever experienced before...He looks down on you and is soooo in love! and he can't wait for us to let Him be our strength..let him carry us through any trial we may be going through!




My husband sends out a weekly challenge to fellow youth ministers via Catholic Youth Network. He asked me this week to share on being married to a youth minister. I thought i would pass it along since some of my readers have husbands who are youth ministers! have a lovely sunday ladies!! I almost didn't post this because i thought it was too "religious" for my blog.. but then i was like...it's my life..it's my blog...so here ya go. :) 




Check out my guest post over at yummy mummy week!!
"Affordable Maternity Fashion"

0 comments:

Shop my Printables!

Popular Posts

Recent Chit Chat

Labels